How can orthodontics help your patients?
Call to schedule a time to chat with Dr. Catherine Murphy. She would be happy to talk with you and/or your staff about the impact oral health has on your patients’ overall health and well being.
Are you finding unexpected roadblocks to your patients’ desired treatment results? Perhaps their airway is compromised and orthodontics can help. It is common, but not normal, for patients to have inadequate space for their tongue due to their jaws being too narrow or set back.
How can this show up in your patients? Common signs include the following:
- crooked teeth
- thumb/finger/tongue sucking habit, past or present
- clenching and/or grinding of teeth, past or present
- mouth breathing, daytime and/or nighttime (includes snoring) which may lead to:
- halitosis (bad breath)
- increased caries rate (cavities)
- red/puffy/swollen gingiva (gums)
- irritated tonsils
- increased sensitivity to allergens
- poor sleep habits, including awakening during the night or bed wetting
- poor daytime concentration
- messy and/or loud eating
- long face appearance
- decreased athletic ability
Call 219.924.4031 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to set a time to talk with Dr. Murphy. She understands how frustrating it can be to follow treatment protocol beautifully and yet the patient does not fully respond as expected.
One’s health is all connected and unfortunately dental concerns are often unknown or overlooked by your patients. When a patient’s underlying dental health issues are not properly addressed, the impact can negatively affect the treatment you are providing.
Dr. Catherine Murphy works with a wide range of healthcare professionals ranging from other dentists to physicians to speech pathologists. She is passionate about collaboration with other providers in order to best assist in serving their patient.
Need referral slips? Let us know and we will be happy to send ASAP!
Call 219.924.4031 or email us at email@example.com